PHOTO SESSIONS & PRICING
Friends & Family Portrait Sessions
Headshots start at $250 session fee, $50 each additional look/setting change, includes 5-10 images, basic edits + online viewing & download of non watermarked high resolution images, ½ hr – 1 hr. session time. Pre-paid at session booking.
Portraits (individuals) start at $350 session fee, $100 each additional look/setting change, image number varies. Includes basic edits + online viewing & download of low resolution watermarked proofs , 1-1 ½ hrs. Minimum $250 print or high resolution digital order. Pre-paid at session booking.
Couples Portraits $450 session fee, $100 each additional look/setting change, image number varies. Includes basic edits + online viewing & download of low resolution watermarked proofs , 1-1 ½ hrs. Minimum $350 print or high resolution digital order. Pre-paid at session booking.
Group Portraits (3+) $500 session fee, $100 each additional person, and/or each additional look/setting change image number varies. Includes basic edits + online viewing & download of low resolution watermarked proofs , 1-1 ½ hrs. Minimum $350 print or high resolution digital order. Pre-paid at session booking.
PHOTO SESSIONS & PRICING
Social Event Photography (Monterey) – starts at $300 first hour, $100 each additional hour. Pre-paid at event booking. Outside of Monterey: call for quote.
Website & Publication Photography – call for consultation & quote
Career & Environmental Portraits – call for large group/employee pricing
All Photo Sessions Include:
- On location in Monterey (travel fee for areas beyond Monterey)
- Digital low resolution proofs, downloadable in an online gallery, watermarked. (disk on request)
- Basic photo edits & clean-up (enhanced portrait edits additional fee, see below)
All Photo Sessions Require:
- Pre-shoot consultation (phone or in person)
- Pre-Paid Session Payment – Credit Card, PayPal, Cash or Check (session fees are non-refundable but sessions may be rescheduled within 30 days)
- Minimum print order or high resolution image disk
- Venue Fees: some sites (botanical gardens, museums, etc.) require location permits, insurance & entrance fees. If your session is at one of these venues, you will be notified of any of these additional costs to you.
Custom Sessions & Seasonal Specials (call for session details and pricing options)
- Models/Headshots – for aspiring and professional models. Headshots & Comp Cards
– Young Miss Session – For Teens & Tweens
- High School Seniors – Group pricing/discounts available, August & September busiest months
- Mommie & Me – Maternity/Pregnancy, Newborns, Little Ones, Expecting Couples
- High Glam – Be a model for a day! High fashion, “Grunge Glam”, magazine type session.
- Sun Bunnies & Cowgirls– For the Beach Girl or Cowgirl at heart! (July & August best months)
- Boudoir & Sexy – lingerie, nude, natural or naughty… or a little of both! Makes great photo book gifts!
- <b”>1920’s Vintage Pin-up – a sexy, classy session with old steamer trunks and vintage style lingerie
- Pin-Up Girl – 1950’s-60’s Calendar Girl, Classic Cars, Betties
- Rock Star – Everyone’s got one in us… bring out the bad girl/guy in you!
- Patriotic “For The Troops” Pin-up – July 4th specials in June (10% donated to Adopt a Soldier or Wounded Warriors
- Super Heroes – Got a group a special people… with super powers? Get out your capes!
- Calendar Shoot – 12 unique photos printed on a custom calendar
- Sexy Santa Sessions – November & December Specials
- Group pricing/discounts available for any sessions.
- Have a unique idea or theme? Create your own session!
Additional Services Available:
- Shot List Preparation – research sample shots and poses
- Theme Creation & Creative Direction – background, location, wardrobe, hair-make-up, props
- Photo Editing – portrait enhancements, background object removal, filter effects
Photo Editing, Retouching & Enhancing
For new or existing photos, price varies per project
Basic Clean-Up – removal of skin imperfections, blemishes, freckles, fly away hairs
Color Correction – correct skin tones, add subtle suntan, change object colors, enhance eye colors
Portrait Enhancements – teeth whitening, color correction, smooth skin texture, reduce wrinkle appearance
Background Clean-Up – removal of objects (light poles, signs, people), skies/unfavorable weather issues
Why do you price your services a la carte? Services are priced a la carte instead of in packages so each customer gets EXACTLY what they are looking for and are not forced to pay for items they do not want. I do not believe in using terms such as “basic,” “premium” or “deluxe,” which implies that the amount you spend determines the quality of photography and attention you receive. Every client is important. I base my business on building lifelong relationships with my clients, and client satisfaction is the lifeline of my business.
How many images will I receive? Many people think the amount of images they receive determines the quality of the deal they get. However, this is NOT TRUE! In today’s digital age, most people overshoot, thinking, “more is better.” I believe in quality over quantity. Most customers will never use 100 to 200 images, let alone 300 to 400. As a photographer, I believe that spending our time getting amazing, top-quality shots that you will want to print, post and keep forever is more valuable than handing you a disk with 300 images of which you will likely only use 8 to ten. Moreover, the edit time to clean up a large volume of images can easily run more than a week at 1 to 2 hours per image. If clients need a certain number of images (ex: for a portfolio or website) we would create a specific shot list of necessary images.
What is included in the session fee? The session fee serves as your deposit to reserve the session and includes the pre-shoot consultation(s), research and creation of a shot list, the photo shoot, travel expenses, and a printed promo package (if applicable).
What is the purpose of the initial fee for prints or an image CD? Photographers have traditionally covered their costs from the sale of prints, not from photo shoot fees. In the digital age, many clients are primarily interested in purchasing digital prints or having them printed elsewhere. Photographers now compensate for their costs by charging for digital versions of their photography. Although you may choose to receive digital prints only, you are ultimately purchasing the entire package of services: the photographers skill and creative direction, clean-up and basic edits of images (approx. 1 to 2 hours per image), digital upload to web gallery and/or image CD, shipping costs for a CD (if applicable) and any other associated costs with the session.
If you would like more info. on booking a photo session, event photography or other services please call Terika Kons at (310) 600-0972 or email email@example.com.